Saturday, May 16, 2009

Home and Back Again

Wow, it's been a long time.

Right now I am in Cedar Rapids, and I've been living in the mess of boxes, clothes, and other things I don't know what to do with, along with painting for Theatre Cedar Rapids. On Monday I leave to go to North Dakota and paint a set there. I get back in early June, and go back to painting for TCR and my dad wants me to paint the bathroom here, too. So i might as well just be made of latex. Maybe I could get paintbrushes instead of hands and I could bleed paint. I think that would work quite well.

I have a lot of things to do before I leave on Monday, and it's stressing me out a bit but I'll get them done sometime. It's crazy that when I get back from ND, there will only be about 6 weeks left until the wedding. Time has gone so fast, it's crazy. But we're definitely ready to be married. The apartment is great, and I just went and delivered a couch, mattress, table, and chairs. Furniture is that thing that I never really think about, but it's pretty darn necessary.

On the way up to ND I get to stay with Rachel! I'm really excited. And on the way back I'll stop in Sioux Center and stay with Becky! So I get to catch both of them, which will be fabulous.

My mom and I went birthday shopping for me. we went to the hardware store and I got two really nice paintbrushes and a paintbrush comb/cleaner. I am really really excited. Thanks, Mom and Dad! Add that to my two scenic fitches and 2" lay-in brush from the wonderful theatre Department at Dordt, and I've got a mini collection! Hooray!

Mom and I also picked up some flowers to put in little planters for the wedding. It took me two minutes to find the ones I wanted. The brushes took at least 20-30 minutes. Interesting. That's okay, it took me 21 years to find the guy I wanted for the wedding. I think that makes up for it.

And for those of you who don't know, I am officially graduated. We had the ceremony last week Friday, and now I have my diploma in its fancy case and I feel all old and stuff. There you have it.

Until next time, soak up some sun, it's spring!

3 comments:

Beckett said...

miss you.

can't sleep without the giggling

ok, i can, but i still miss it.

Beckett said...

Checky your email. I say yes. And other things.

Ashley said...

You are pretty much amazing. I like you.
It is now only 6 DAYS until your wedding. Hot dang, you're almost a married woman. YESSSSS!!!!