Sunday, May 11, 2008
Calling?
Calling is a word that is thrown around a lot. Today in church, some friends spoke about their upcoming mission trips to Africa and a camp in Iowa. As they were speaking, part of me felt left out. They were in an active, very apparent service to God. And I am a theatre major, who works in the scene shop painting sets alone late at night. The question came, "Is it harder to be a Christian on a mission trip, or in the theatre?" To this question, I do not have an answer, but God has asked me to use my gifts in theatre. That is my "square inch" if you will excuse my saying so. It is less clear and God's will seems more difficult to find, but I am okay with that. Grey defines my world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment