Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Done Training!

So I am officially a server at Beckett's and I'm very excited about it! I finished my last training session Monday afternoon, and my first shift truly on my own is tomorrow morning. I still need to learn a few more menu details--people ask a lot of crazy questions. But I am really enjoying it, and the people I work with are great as well. So with all that said, I'm looking forward to tomorrow!

Right now I'm doing well, and I'm pretty busy which is the way I prefer to be. I leave for Spain in a few weeks, and it seems pretty unreal. Like, "I'm going to Spain...sometime." Well, that sometime is not very far away, and I'm in a little dreamland. I'll snap out of it when I have to start packing and such. Fabulous.

Here's a deep question for you, asked today at TCR by Bret, my supervisor.
"What is the difference between Love and Intimacy"
My answer is this: Love requires commitment. Intimacy can be a feeling, something that is not always felt (along with, of course, physical intimacy, which is not love, either, though it can be a beautiful demonstration of love). A person can be fighting with someone and not feel intimate with them at the moment (when words and thoughts are clashing), but they can still love them if they have made that commitment to love them unconditionally. There's my answer in simple form. Not flawless, just my initial reaction.

Peace Out

No comments: