Monday, October 20, 2008

Life Reentered

I feel as though I took a short vacation of madness from life and became a monster with a paintbrush and sponge, broken out of her paint-splattering rages only by an occasional lapse into a stupid girl with a spoon. If you do not know what it is I am referring to, you should come and see Urinetown.

If you cannot go to Urinetown, just know that I am the Scenic Charge Artist for the show and that I also play a character named Soupy Sue who had a very low IQ and strong attachment to an aluminum ladle.

But the show has opened. It has gone wonderfully. And there is no more painting left to do on it. In fact, my boss ordered me to stop working on it and took my keys from me. But that means that I have been catching up on the homework that was due last week. Yes, there are times when I am not the perfect student. Hard to believe, I know. oh, I am a riot of laughs.

But back to the subject line. My parents were here this weekend. There is always a comforting feeling knowing that Daddy and Mommy are going to come to the show and give me hugs and tell me "great job." There is also a great cozy feeling that accompanies homemade chili made by Mom and eaten in the small time gap between shows. Although I love living here and I love my independence, being a kid again with my parents here to cheer me on was a good feeling.

And now that my parents have gone back home--where Sam our dog again resumes his place as the youngest child in the family--my life has returned to a state of normalcy that I have not experienced in awhile. Becky Love and Rachel and I have a coffee date in the Bean tonight, a place I have not been to in weeks, and I plan to study lightly and get a few things done yet tonight before having relaxed conversations with those who have been pushed to the back burner for far too long.

And in the interest of the higher priority of time with good friends, I will end this post now and get a little bit of necessary homework finished.

Life, it's good to be back.

~The Rehabilitated Paint Monster

5 comments:

Justine Teresa said...

you POSTED!? wha??

awesome. i want a coffee date with you. uh. how does friday work?

insert huge grin.

Becky said...

YESSSSSSSS!!

Beckett said...

thank you for posting my dear :) i loved it

Anonymous said...

it was wonderful to see you too! and just so you know you never outgrow the desire to have your parents approval. but just so you know we love you unconditionally.

Justine Teresa said...

DUDE. the show was amazing. congrats on being held. i'm so proud.