Sometimes i forget about things that i really like doing. i forget how much it helps me unwind and escape from all the craziness. One of my escapes, or "therapy" a Kelsey calls it, is baking. But the one that I have recently dug out of misuse is playing my guitar. I am not especially gifted in playing, and I do not have a strong desire to become great, either. I also do not write my own songs. I have tried, believe me, I just do not wax as eloquent as others I know (read Becky Love's blog if you don't believe me). If I were to be a professional singer, I believe I would be a cover artist; which is why I do not plan to become a professional singer. I simply love being able to pick a song out of my book, play it, and sing along. It is a beautiful time of simplicity. Me, Music, and God. I had forgotten about the peace that I find in those moments of solitude, but in the past week I have been able to recapture that feeling. i needed the time of rest.
I told Becky yesterday that i needed to crawl into a cave and put a rock over the entrance so I didn't have to see people. My patience is running on empty, I need a break to recover. Becky said she would build me a fort by putting a blanket over the kitchen table and letting me crawl under it. I told her I would not go in if she built it. Though it would be funny to see how people react to the whimpers coming from under the kitchen table.
Enchanted April closes today, so I think it would be appropriate to end with one of the lines from my character,
"I'm in great need of an escape right now. from all of it"
Adieu
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment