Anyway, at the risk of being a broken record, I took some pictures of our new apartment. Our apartment as of this Saturday. Enjoy, and don't throw rotten tomatoes at your repetitive blogger friend. Though it is especially ridiculous that I am repeating myself because I hardly blog once a month. If I was a Becky Love, or a Justine, then it would be more acceptable because they are faithful bloggers, and grace is given to the faithful. But the wayfaring fools walk into judgment and are destroyed. I am reading through Proverbs. Can you tell?
Forgive the low quality of the shots...I just had my point and shoot, and I couldn't get entire rooms in the pictures, you know how that is. I tried to capture the highlights.
First picture: The outside of the building. our apartment is the second floor of the building, the one with the three windows. History Buffs (not that you read my blog...): It's on the National Registry of Historic Places, and was an office building. It's the Macdonald and Bower building or something, built in 1896. There's that. The windows are our living room.
This is a section of the inside of the living room...I like the wood on the ceiling.
And here is the eating area/kitchen. I'm pretty much in love with the wood floor.
(for those who like to visualize, the rooms just go from front to back. The living room is behind me in this picture, and the door at the far side is the bedroom, and the bathroom is through the bedroom to the left...in case you want to know)
The brick wall in the bathroom.
Those are the highlights. The pictures don't really give a full picture (ha ha, bad, bad, repetitive pun), but you get the idea. We're excited.
On a different note, I just wanted to share (while I'm on my multimedia kick) my morning commute on Monday. It was 7:15am, driving East on I-80. It was absolutely beautiful and made my morning drive very special.
...Sorry, Mom, I snapped the shot while driving...I suppose that's not what you had in mind when you and Dad gave me a camera for Christmas... if it helps, I didn't even look, I just held it up and took the picture.
And the last note is a question. I read a lot of blogs researching different things, and I always find it interesting when the blogger poses a question for their readers. There are such interesting responses sometimes, especially when it's a style opinion (Not that your opinion will make my decision for me, but it's fun!) So here's my possibly-doomed-to-failure attempt.
There is a chair that I found for $9, that I didn't buy, because I needed to consider. Let me give you a description by using a metaphor (or some other literary device, whatever it's called): My Mom at a white elephant gift exchange ended up with a 2-tiered bright orange relish dish. It is definitely a product of the 60's/70's, and it's FABULOUS! However, people didn't understand why she wanted it, because it's so UGLY! However, when put into a different environment, the piece can suddenly gain great character and uniqueness, which that one definitely did. Well, I think that this chair would do the same thing, even if it is (just like that relish dish of my Mom's) BRIGHT ORANGE. It can always be re-covered, but I'm currently planning on a blue-orange living room, so there's potential as-is. What I'm saying is, for $9, I think it's worth a shot, but I'm not quite sold on it. and it may be gone already. But I'm just seeking opinions... Do you see great potential or just a nasty orange monstrosity?
READY....
GO!
That's all, y'all.
6 comments:
dude.
for $9 ?
buy it. it's a good deal.
it very well may work, and if it doesn't, sell it for $10 on craigslist. make a buck. literally... a buck... but still... that's like... a hamburger at McDonalds.
To use another comparison...
Do you remember Melvin? My dinosaur-insect-lizard-alien-robot-cyborg-mutant....thing?
Or my doorknob?
I believe both make my point. :-)
Hjon
yeah, becky, and we all know that a hamburger at mcdonalds is better than you can ever remember...
i do believe that you and i once established that a BigMac is the quintessential human experience. sadly, it costs more than a dollar.
i'd buy it.
seriously.
Buy it. It's 9 bucks. That's like....two Starbucks lattes. Nowadays, thats nothing.
:-)
PS- I love obscure random furniture...that is orange.
PPS- I also LOVE your apartment, and I want to come visit you.
Love!
Post a Comment