Well, I guess I haven't actually said what it is I am doing this summer, so here goes!
I am working as an intern at Theatre Cedar Rapids, helping with some design-related things and heading up a design project for a junior show coming up. It's great fun, with great people and I'm really enjoying it. Good experience, you know.
Second, on Wed. I start training for waitressing at Beckett's, which is an Irish restaurant close to my house. I have never waitressed before, but I'm excited. It should be a lot of fun meeting people and being their smiley little server girl.
Third, and maybe most important, I'm going to Spain for a month! Well, not quite a month, but close. I need three credits of abroad study for my Spanish Minor, and this is going to do it! So I will be going with the Semester in Spain program through Trinity in Chicago, and I'll be staying in Seville in a homestay with two other students. I'm excited. A little nervous and scared, but excited. I should be taking a Spanish Art History course while I'm there...which is going to be AWESOME! and it will be helpful to my major! But it is taught in Spanish, so that has me a little uneasy... but still, happy.
That's all for now
Peace out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I like to think that Art History in Spanish is bound to be more exciting than last semester... hehe. If nothing else, at least the whole aspect of being talked at, while not understaning or listening will at least be present.
Have fun!
Ah! I did Trinity's *Semester in Spain* summer program, too! I hope you are loving it as much as I did.
Saludos soleados desde la Universidad de Oxford,
Tyler
Post a Comment