Monday, July 14, 2008

Beautiful Timing

Well, I am back in the states, and am feeling refreshed and so much more relaxed than I have in a very long time. While I was in Spain, which was practically like a mini vacation to paradise, I realized just how amazing God's timing really is. For the longest time, I was fighting to find a program that I could do at the beginning of the summer so that it wouldn't take a hunk out of the middle of my summer. I also was thinking that Spain was in impossibility because of cost, and that it would be more practical to go somewhere in Latin America. God knows best, though, because before I knew it, I was on my way to Spain at a time when I really needed to get away. I could have gone at the beginning of the summer, but everything with the flooding here made an escape from mid-June to mid-July exactly what I needed. That was the first God-planned point. Second was location. I have always had a passion for Latin America more than Spain. In fact, I never have had an intense desire to go to Spain (Not that I would have turned it down!). However, Latin America is filled with poverty and difficulties. Once again, God is incredible, and he took me out of the situation at home with the loss of so many people's homes and businesses, and he took me not to another poverty stricken place, but to Spain--where everywhere you look you see breathtaking scenery. It was exactly what I needed at a time when I really needed it. I am incredibly blessed. And my original plans fall far short of God's perfect and beautiful timing. As you can see in the photo album to the left. If you want to see the pictures closer up and bigger, just click on them and they'll take you to the actual album. Pics of Paradise. Love it.

No comments: