Thursday, July 3, 2008

Espana!!!!!

Plaza de Espana in Sevilla


La Alhambra in Granada. It's a town/palace/gardens from when the Muslims were ruling in southern Spain. It was fabulous.

El Torre del Oro (Tower of Gold) in Sevilla, which is also from when the Moors (Muslim) were in Sevilla. I walk by this every day on my way to school. After crossing a gorgeous river.


For those of you who don't like multiple explanation points, just realize that I am, in fact, in Spain, and that the amount of excitement that is required can only be conveyed by excessive punctuation. Excessive=5 in this case.

SO. I have been in Sevilla, Spain for a little over 2 weeks now, and I leave early in the morning a week from tomorrow. I have been to Cordoba, to Granada, and all over Sevilla looking at architecture, Cathedrals, Roman and Muslim ruins, original art from the 15-18th centuries, and a lot of flowers. It's beautiful here. I must post some pictures.

I am taking a class in Spanish Art History, and it has been incredible. I have learned so much in a very short amount of time, and it is so interesting. Today my roommate CeCe and I presented on a painting by Murillo in the Hospital de la Caridad, and we presented in front of the original HUGE painting. Yes, jealousy is an appropriate response.

Tonight a group of us are going to a bull fight...we'll see how we like it. They really do kill the bull here, so it might be interesting. They have a minimum of 20 minutes and a maximum of 30 to kill the bull. bloody. Hopefully not terribly gruesome. We'll see.

Well, that's a short update for now. And now, some pictures. Yesssssssss.

No comments: