Sunday, August 10, 2008

Good Night, Sweet Summer

I am sitting here in my room at 10:50 thinking it's late and I need to get to bed. I listen to the chirping of the crickets outside and love the sound of summer. And soon I will be going back to school and the sound of crickets will be replaced by the sounds of closing doors and the tapping of computer keyboards and new students out at all hours of the night as we all did before we knew any better. The summer has flown by and has left me better than i began. All wisdom-tooth ordeals behind (I am now chewing on both sides of my mouth--go me), this summer has been just about perfect, and more than I could have asked for. My work at Beckett's has been a lot of fun, and they have been more than generous with giving me hours to work. Working with TCR has been really exciting and I feel like it came at a good time for them, as well, since they are out of a building and we have been designing on the fly as our new venues have been set up one by one. And of course, my long vacation to Spain, which magically also counts for academic credit. It's a wonderful world. Oh, and to top it all off, I went to Waterloo this last week and took a CLEP test. I now no longer will have to take English 101 the last semester of my college career. Congratulations to myself. I love my life. For real.
And Joseph and I are going to go to the State Fair on Thursday. Look out, butter cow, we're a comin'!

See Ya!

2 comments:

Justine Teresa said...

i was hoping you'd post. i was getting tired reading about dry sockets.
hurray for not having to take Eng 101!! seriously.

Sarah said...

ok. i've been reading, but not commenting. oops.


um. i will miss you this year, becky. can you just come to michigan with me?