Thursday, February 12, 2009

Choices

YESSSSS!!! Joseph has posted about how great he is and how wonderful it is that he has a job for after graduation, so now I can write, too!! I just want to take this time to brag a little bit about the man I'm going to be marrying. He's great. He worked so hard sending out applications and resume's and doing interviews and trying to make the right choice for us, as we discussed and went back and forth between ideas. So we are very happy with our decision, as is the company he'll be working with. They got a good man, let me tell you.

In case you haven't read Joe's blog, we are going to be moving to Grinnell, Iowa. He starts work right after graduation, and I will then join him there after we're married! We're both so excited to have something solid to go off of. We feel really good about the company and the community. And there is a community theatre in town and surrounding towns, and I have a couple of ideas about some other opportunities. Mostly, I'm just trying to figure out how to keep my priorities straight. I would like to have a time in my life that has...simplicity. I was talking to Becky Love and we were discussing how we can produce a lot under pressure, but I said that I become a person that I don't like to be. I become impatient and frantic, and I don't take time for the people I care about. Becky and I stayed up until 2:30 last night, just talking about life and catching up a bit. AND WE LIVE TOGETHER!! I just want my life to exude love and caring, and when I am stressed and running from place to place, my idea of the world shrinks and becomes focused only on my life and my responsibilities. I do not know what simplicity will look like for me. I think it looks different for different people. But I am looking for it.

Let me know if you find it first.

1 comment:

Beckett said...

I think you'll be the one to find it first, hun.

And just so you know, I'd stay up even later for you.